|Programme Code||N/010/3/0476 (28/02/2018 – 27/02/2023)
|Level of Study||Foundation|
|Mode of Study||Full Time|
|Course Location||i-CATS Kuching|
|Intakes||March and August|
The Foundation in Management (FIM) programme will be a gateway for students to pursue Bachelor’s degree programmes in Business and plantation related specializations.
The FIM programme will equip post-secondary school students with the relevant knowledge and skills to proceed to undergraduate programmes in Business, e.g Bachelor’s degree programme in Accounting, Finance, Management, Marketing, etc. This programme also equips students with the relevant technical and soft skills to be resourceful and successful at the tertiary level.
- Passed SPM or its equivalent with credit in 5 subjects (for Bachelor in Business Administration in E-commerce); OR
- Passed SPM or its equivalent with credit in 5 subjects (for Bachelor in Software Engineering), and either:
- Passed SPM with a credit in Additional Mathematics & a pass in English at SPM level or its equivalent; OR
- Passed SPM with a credits in Mathematics and one Science/Technology/Engineering subject at SPM level or its equivalent. Students in this category must take and pass a Mathematics Enhancement Subject (Prerequisite Subject); OR
- Passed UEC with Grade B in 5 subjects; OR
- Passed O-Level or its equivalent with Grade C in 5 subjects; OR
- SMU3/SMA/SMK/MA with an average mark of 55 AND English Language Proficiency Requirement: IELTS with a score of Band 5.0; OR
- Any other qualification recognized by the Malaysian Government.
Students must complete a total of 50 credits in order to be awarded the Foundation in Management.
Long Semester 1
- English I
- Introduction to Computer System and Applications
- Introduction to Critical Thinking
- Introduction to Business
- Principles of Management / Introduction to Plantation Industries
Long Semester 2
- English II
- Introduction to Statistics
- Introduction to Multimedia
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Principles of Marketing / Plantation Crops Management
- Principles of Economics / Principles of Accounting OR Basic Soil Management / Introduction to Land Management
- Personality Development
- Communication 101
- Business Communication / Basic Pest and Disease Management