|Programme Code||R2/621/4/0004 (A8853) (13/1/19-12/1/24)|
|Level of Study||Diploma|
|Mode of Study||Full Time|
|Course Location||i-CATS Kuching, i-CATS Miri|
|Intakes||January, March, and August|
The Diploma in Plantation Management program responds to the market demand for trained and skilled manpower in the plantation industry. This course aims to provide a qualified workforce who can contribute to the improvement of quality, standard, and productivity not only focusing on the oil palm industry also food crops industries. It also aims to forge collaborations and links with industry players through the sharing of expertise, knowledge, and experience.
As an industrial-driven college, i-CATS responded to the demand for qualified and skilled professional in the plantation industry.
The nation has reemphasized the need for the agriculture sector to be strengthened as the sector is expected to play a greater role in the overall economic growth of the country. The oil palm continues to be a dominant contributor to the growth of the agriculture sector. In Sarawak, the rapid growth in the oil palm plantation has created many job opportunities to be filled by local people. Those with Diploma in Plantation Management can seek a position as Supervisor, Cadet and Junior Assistant Manager.
- Passed SPM or its equivalent with minimum 3 credits including Science subject; OR
- Passed Skill Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM) Level 3 in related field AND passed SPM with a minimum of 1 credit in any subject or its equivalent; OR
- Passed UEC with Grade B in any 3 subjects including Science subject; OR
- SMU3/SMA/SMK/MA with average mark of 55 AND English Language Proficiency Requirement: IELTS with score of Band 5.0; OR
- Any other qualification(s) recognized by the Malaysian Government.
Students must complete a total of 94 credits in order to be awarded the Diploma in Plantation Management.
- Introduction to Plantation Industry
- Plantation Crops
- Principle of Biology
- Plant Science
- English for Academic Purposes
- Fundamentals of Chemistry
- Estate Human Resources Management
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Pengajian Malaysia / Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2
- Bahasa Kebangsaan / Kemahiran Membuat Keputusan
- Soil Science
- Principles of Crop Management
- Introduction to Agricultural Marketing
- Estate Mechanization
- English for Professional Purposes
- Estate Management
- Oil Palm
- Integrated Weed Management
- Introduction to Agricultural Economic
- Land Management
- Oil Palm Mill and Refineries Technology
- Basic Estate Safety and Health
- Integrated Pest and Diseases control
- Basic Accounting
- Ekologi Global dan Pembangunan Lestari
- Khidmat Masyarakat
- Industrial Training