|Programme Code||N/010/3/0476(28/02/2018 – 27/02/2023)
|Level of Study||Foundation|
|Mode of Study||Full Time|
|Course Location||i-CATS Kuching|
|Intakes||January, March, and August|
The Foundation in Management (FIM) programme will be a gateway for students to pursue Bachelor’s degree programmes in Business and plantation related specializations.
The FIM programme will equip post-secondary school students with the relevant knowledge and skills to proceed to undergraduate programmes in Business, e.g Bachelor’s degree programme in Accounting, Finance, Management, Marketing, etc. This programme also equips students with the relevant technical and soft skills to be resourceful and successful at the tertiary level.
A study pathway to i-CATS Bachelor’s degree programmes.
• Passed SPM/SPMV or its equivalent with minimum 5 credits; OR
• Passed UEC with Grade B in 5 subjects; OR
• Passed O-Level or its equivalent with Grade C in 5 subjects; OR
• SMU3/SMA/SMK/MA with an average mark of 55 AND English Language Proficiency Requirement: IELTS with a score of Band 5.0; OR
• Any other equivalent qualification(s) recognized by the Malaysian Government.
Students must complete a total of 50 credits in order to be awarded the Foundation in Management.
Long Semester 1
· Presentation Skills
· Introduction to Computer System & Application
· Introduction to Critical Thinking
· Academic English I
· Mathematics I
· Principle of Management
Long Semester 2
· Introduction to Statistics
· Introduction to Entrepreneurship
· Academic English II
· Mathematics II
· Principle of Marketing
· Principle of Accounting/Business Communication
· Communication Essentials
· Introduction to Multimedia
· Principles of Economics