|Programme Code||R2/481/4/0051 (1/8/2020-31/7/2025) A6144|
|Level of Study||Diploma|
|Mode of Study||Full Time|
|Course Location||i-CATS Kuching|
|Intakes||January, March, and August|
Software Engineering plays a vital role in the installation and development of any business operating system. The Diploma in Software Engineering programme provides opportunities to further develop analysis, design and development skills through the exposure of emerging technologies.
This course studies the best approach to design, build and maintain software systems. It makes use of many of the technical results of computer science, especially programming, and application of theory in the process of system design and construction.
Software Engineers will be in demand for their software construction skills and experience of working in a team. Graduates will be able to participate in software design and development, software team management, technical support and research. Successful completion of this diploma will also enable them to pursue undergraduate degree programs locally and abroad.
• A pass in SPM with at least credit in any 3 subjects inclusive of Mathematics or any equivalent qualification; OR
• A pass in Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM), with a minimum of Grade C (GP 2.0) in any subject or any equivalent qualification and a credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent; OR
• A pass in Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM) with a minimum grade of Maqbul (pass) and a credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent; OR
• A pass in SKM Level 3, and a credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent; OR
• A pass in any qualifications equivalent to Certificate (Level 3, MQF) and a credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent.
Candidates without a credit in mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent may be admitted if the Certificate programme contains subjects in mathematics that are equivalent to mathematics at SPM level. Candidate with a credit in computing-related subject at SPM level or its equivalent may be given preferential consideration.
Students must complete a total of 96 credits in order to be awarded the Diploma in Software Engineering.
• Introduction to IT
• Introduction to Software Engineering
• Applied Problem Solving
• Advanced Programming Using C++
• Database Concept and Design
• System Analysis and Design
• English for Academic Purposes
• English for Social Purposes
• Mathematics I
• Mathematics II
• Pengajian Malaysia / Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2
• Bahasa Kebangsaan / Kemahiran Membuat Keputusan
• Visual Basic Programming
• Data Structure and Algorithm
• OOP with JAVA
• Web Programming
• Multimedia Technology /Mobile Application Development
• Data Communication and Networking
• Wireless Telecommunication Technology / E-Commerce
• Computer Ethics / Management Information System
• Computer Architecture/Operating System
• Statistic / PC Essential & Troubleshooting
• Software Development
• Data and Computer Security
• Final Year Project
• English for Professional Purposes
• Ekologi Global dan Pembangunan Lestari
• Khidmat Masyarakat
• Industrial Training