|Programme Code||R2/521/4/0090 (21/6/2020-20/6/2025) A6102|
|Level of Study||Diploma|
|Mode of Study||Full Time|
|Intakes||January, March, and August|
The Mechanical Engineering programme at i-CATS seeks to combine excellence in academic and technical training with service to society. The goal of our academic programme in mechanical engineering is to provide students with a balance of intellectual and practical experiences that enable them to address a variety of societal needs.
The objective of our Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (DME) is to produce a competent workforce in the field of mechanical engineering with a balance of excellent knowledge in both the theoretical and practical aspects. This is to ensure the adaptability of our graduates in fulfilling the ever demanding needs of the industries and society.
Our Diploma programme prepared students for admission into the workforce as technicians and assistant engineers in the mechanical engineering field. It is also aimed at equipping individuals with a fundamental engineering background for the purpose of pursuing undergraduate study in engineering or other related disciplines.
- Pass SPM or its equivalent with at least credits in THREE (3) subjects, including Mathematics and ONE (1) relevant science / technical / vocational subject AND a pass in English; OR
- Pass Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) or its equivalent with a pass in Mathematics, English and ONE (1) relevant science / technical / vocational subject at the SPM level; OR
- Recognised Certificate in Engineering / Engineering Technology or its equivalent; OR
- Recognised related Vocational and Technical / Skills Certificate or its equivalent with ONE (1) year of relevant work experience or a minimum of ONE (1) semester of a bridging programme.
For International students, Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 500 OR International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 5.0 OR its equivalent.
Students must complete a total of 97 credits in order to be awarded the Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
· Solid Mechanics 1
· Solid Mechanics 2
· Engineering Mathematics 1
· Engineering Mathematics 2
· Engineering Drawing
· English for Technical Report Writing
· Engineering Materials 1
· Renewable Energy
· Mechanical Workshop Practice
· Pengajian Malaysia / Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2
· Bahasa Kebangsaan / Kemahiran Membuat Keputusan
· Thermodynamics 1
· Thermodynamics 2
· Engineering Materials 2
· Fluids Dynamics
· Electrical & Electronic Principles
· English for Business Communication at Workplace
· Introduction to Occupational Safety & Health
· Programmable Logic Control
· Structured Programming in C
· Control Systems
· Quality Control
· Manufacturing Engineering
· Fundamentals of Maintenance Management
· Final Year Project 1
· Final Year Project 2
· Ekologi Global dan Pembangunan Lestari
· Khidmat Masyarakat