|Programme Code||R/811/4/0283 (14/8/2020-13/8/2025) MQA/FA6147|
|Level of Study||Diploma|
|Mode of Study||Full Time|
|Course Location||i-CATS Kuching|
|Intakes||January, March, and August|
The programme explores various themes across the dynamic canvas of the hospitality industry including travel and tourism, lodging, food service, meetings, conventions and expositions, and leisure and recreation.
The Diploma in Hotel Management programmed equips students with the relevant knowledge and skills to enable them to thrive in the hospitality industry. On completion of the programme, graduates can explore a wide range of career opportunities in the hospitality industry. Indeed, amidst the dizzying pace of development, countries around the globe are opening their doors to welcome tourists from abroad. Coupled with the ongoing drive to boost domestic tourism, this has resulted in a host of career opportunities for qualified and talented individuals who relish the opportunity to be part of the wave of innovation that has become the hallmark of the hospitality industry.
The objectives of our Diploma in Hotel Management (DHM) programs are:
• To ensure that the students acquire relevant technical knowledge and associated hands-on skills in line with the industry requirements.
• To produce graduates who possess effective communication skills and demonstrate good leadership quality in an organization.
• To equip students with the capability to solve hospitality related issues innovatively, creatively and ethically.
• To produce graduates who are able to demonstrate managerial and entrepreneurship skills and recognize the need for lifelong learning for successful career advancement.
Graduates can look forward to applying for the following positions:
• Front Desk Officer
• Guest Service Agent
• Food and Beverage Supervisor
• Housekeeping Supervisor
• Sales and Marketing Executive
• Food Preparation Officer
• Guest Relations Executive
• Banquet Coordinator
• Event Planner
• Catering Business Entrepreneur
• Restaurant Owner
• Pass SPM/SPMV or its equivalent with minimum 3 credits; OR
• Pass UEC with Grade B in 3 subjects; OR
• Pass O-Level or its equivalent with Grade C in 3 subjects; OR
• Pass Certificate in related field with CGPA of 2.00; OR
• Completed/ Passed Skill Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM) Level 3 in related field with 1 credit in SPM Level or its equivalent; OR
• SMU3/SMA/SMK/MA with an average mark of 55 AND English Language Proficiency Requirement: IELTS with a score of Band 5.0; OR
• Any other equivalent qualification(s) recognized by the Malaysian Government.
For International students, Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 500 or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Band of 5.0 or equivalent.
Students must complete a total of 90 credits in order to be awarded the Diploma in Hotel Management.
• Introduction to Hospitality and Tourism Industry
• Communications in Hospitality and Tourism
• Food Safety Management
• Basic Computing Skills
• Food and Beverage Cost Control
• Practical Cookery
• Menu Planning
• Basic Hotel and Restaurant Accounting
• Hospitality Sales and Marketing
• Theory of Food
• Pengajian Malaysia / Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2
• Bahasa Kebangsaan / Kemahiran Membuat Keputusan
• Ekologi Global dan Pembangunan Lestari
• Principles of Management
• Food and Beverage Management
• Security and Loss Prevention Management
• Managing Hospitality Human Resources
• Front Office Operations
• Housekeeping Operations
• Supervision in the Hospitality Industry
• Event Management
• Hotel Facilities and Design
• Contemporary Club Management
• Hospitality Law
• English for Professional Purposes
• Community Services
• Industrial Training