|Programme Code||N/522/4/0052 (25/05/2015 – 24/05/2020)
|Level of Study||Diploma|
|Mode of Study||Full Time|
|Course Location||i-CATS Kuching|
|Intakes||January, March, and August|
The Electrical Engineering (Power) programme at i-CATS seeks to combine excellence in academic and technical training with service to society. The goal of our academic programme in electrical engineering is to provide students with a balance of intellectual and practical experiences that enable them to address a variety of societal needs.
The objective of our Diploma in Electrical Engineering (Power) (DEP) is to produce a competent workforce in the field of electrical engineering with a balance of excellent knowledge in both the theoretical and practical aspects. This is to ensure the adaptability of our graduates in fulfilling the ever demanding needs of the industries and society.
Our Diploma programme prepared students for admission into the workforce as technicians and assistant engineers in the electrical engineering field. It is also aimed at equipping individuals with a fundamental engineering background for the purpose of pursuing undergraduate study in engineering or other related disciplines.
• Pass SPM or its equivalent with at least credits in THREE (3) subjects, including Mathematics and ONE (1) relevant science / technical / vocational subject AND a pass in English; OR
• Pass Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) or its equivalent with a pass in Mathematics, English and ONE (1) relevant science / technical / vocational subject at the SPM level; OR
• Recognised Certificate in Engineering / Engineering Technology or its equivalent; OR
• Recognised related Vocational and Technical / Skills Certificate or its equivalent with ONE (1) year of relevant work experience or a minimum of ONE (1) semester of a bridging programme.
For International students, Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 500 OR International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 5.0 OR its equivalent.
Students must complete a total of 97 credits in order to be awarded the Diploma in Electrical Engineering (Power).
· Electrical Technology
· Engineering Science
· Engineering Mathematics I
· Engineering Mathematics II
· Electrical Workshop
· English for Technical Report Writing
· English for Business Communication at Workplace
· Electrical Circuit Theory I
· Digital Electronics
· Engineering Skills and Laboratory I
· Electrical Machine and Drives
· Programmable Logic Controller
· Pengajian Malaysia / Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2
· Bahasa Kebangsaan / Kemahiran Membuat Keputusan
· Ekologi Global dan Pembangunan Lestari
· Electrical Circuit Theory II
· Engineering Skills and Laboratory II
· Engineering Skills and Laboratory III
· Introduction to Programming
· Instrumentation and Control System
· Electrical Power System I
· Electrical Power System II
· Electrical Power Engineering Project I
· Electrical Power Engineering Project II
· Engineering Design
· Introduction to Occupational Safety and Health
· Power Electronics
· Electrical Installation
· Renewable Energy
· Khidmat Masyarakat
· Industrial Training