|Programme Code||R/811/4/0284 (12/8/2020-11/8/2025) MQA/FA5204|
|Level of Study||Diploma|
|Mode of Study||Full Time|
|Course Location||i-CATS Kuching|
|Intakes||January, March, and August|
The Culinary Arts programme at i-CATS seeks to combine excellence in academic and technical training with service to society. The goal of our academic programme in culinary arts is to provide students with a balance of intellectual and practical experiences that enable them to address a variety of societal needs.
The objective of our Diploma in Culinary Arts (DCA) is to produce a competent workforce in the field of culinary and hospitality with a balance of excellent knowledge in both the theoretical and practical aspects. This is to ensure the adaptability of our graduates in fulfilling the ever demanding needs of the industries and society.
Our Diploma programme prepared students for admission into the workforce as Hotel and Restaurant Cook and Supervisors as well as R&D Executive in Food and Beverage field. It is also aimed at equipping individuals with fundamental culinary background for the purpose of pursuing undergraduate study in culinary, hospitality or other related disciplines.
• Pass Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) with a minimum of 3 credits or its equivalent; OR
• Pass Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) with a minimum of 1 credit and Skill Certificate at Level 3 (Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia, SKM); OR
• A recognised Certificate in a related field; OR
• Any other equivalent qualifications.
Students must complete a total of 90 credits in order to be awarded the Diploma in Culinary Arts.
• Culinary Skills
• Culinary Operations
• Menu Planning
• Fundamental of food
• Food Safety Management
• Principles of Management
• Introduction to Hospitality Industry
• Communications in Hospitality and Tourism I
• Communications in Hospitality and Tourism II
• Basic Computing Skills
• Pengajian Malaysia
• Kemahiran Membuat Keputusan / Bahasa Kebangsaan
• Ekologi Global dan Pembangunan Lestari
• Garde Manger
• Western Cuisine
• Pastry and Bakery
• International Cuisine
• Principles of Marketing
• Principles of Accounting
• Food and Beverage Services
• Food and Beverage Control
• Kitchen Planning and Design
• English for Professional Purposes
• Managing Hospitality Human Resources
• Khidmat Masyarakat
• Industrial Training