|Programme Code||N/344/4/0524 (02/06/2018 – 01/06/2023)
|Level of Study||Diploma|
|Mode of Study||Full Time|
|Course Location||i-CATS Kuching|
|Intakes||January, March, and August|
The Diploma in Accounting programme at the International College of Advanced Technology (i-CATS) aims to prepare graduates for a wide range of positions in the public and private sectors. During the programme, students will acquire industry-relevant knowledge and skills. Graduates are also expected to undertake lifelong learning and adapt to the changing environment to fulfil the demands of the industry.
The objective of our Diploma in Accounting (DIA) is to develop technical skills and fundamental knowledge to enable graduates to work professionally in the industry and commerce, both in the public and private sectors.
After successful completion of the programme, graduates can apply for positions in the following fields: Accounting, taxation, finance, insurance, and banking. The probable posts are finance assistant, audit assistant, account assistant, assistant bursar, etc. Graduates can also pursue degree-level studies and professional qualification(s), e.g. Accountancy.
• A pass in SPM or its equivalent with a minimum of 3 credits including Mathematics, and a pass in English; OR
• A pass in Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) or its equivalent, with a minimum of Grade C (GP 2.0) in any subject, and credits in Mathematics and a pass in English at SPM level; OR
• A pass in Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM) with a minimum grade of Maqbul and credits in Mathematics and a pass in English at SPM level; OR
• A pass in SKM Level 3 in a related field and a pass in SPM with a minimum of 1 credit in any subject with credits in Mathematics and a pass in English; OR
• A certificate or its equivalent in a related field.
Students must complete a total of 90 credits in order to be awarded the Diploma in Accounting.
• Principles of Management
• Principles of Financial Management
• Principles of Accounting
• Business Mathematics
• Business Statistics
• Financial Accounting 1
• Malaysian Taxation 1
• Management Accounting 1
• English for Social Purposes
• English for Professional Purposes
• Pengajian Malaysia / Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2
• Bahasa Kebangsaan / Kemahiran Membuat Keputusan
• Business Communication
• IT Application in Accounting
• Cost Accounting
• Financial Accounting 2
• Financial Accounting 3
• Malaysian Taxation 2
• Principles of Auditing 1
• Principles of Auditing 2
• Management Accounting 2
• Business Law
• Islamic Banking and Finance
• Company and Partnership Law
• Research Methodology
• Ekologi Global dan Pembangunan Lestari
• Khidmat Masyarakat